I won’t lie and tell you that these muffins will last more than 24 hours. I also won’t lie and tell you that they are difficult to make. With 10 minutes of prep time, you will have fabulous Pumpkin Banana Muffins that your family will devour within the first 10 minutes they are out of the oven. (At least, that’s what happened at MY house…)
I’ve been buying the clearance, almost-brown bananas (have you read my tips for shopping clearance sales at Kroger??), which means they have to go in someone’s mouth or in a recipe posthaste. I love my go-to Chocolate Banana Muffins, but there is something about Pumpkin Banana Muffins.
I also found cans of pumpkin on clearance recently, so clearance pumpkin + clearance bananas = one heck of a muffin. Did I mention easy?
The only thing that might make these better is chocolate. Because: CHOCOLATE. I’m not sure what would really be better without chocolate. Other than pizza. That would be gross. (But now I want to make a fruit pizza equivalent of a chocolate pizza..mmmmm….)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 T cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 ripe (or even overripe) banana
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 T oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350. Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together in one bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients. Combine until just moistened. The batter will be very thick! Using a 1/4 cup, measure into baking cups, or into a muffin pan sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until solid throughout. (Insert a toothpick to check for sure!)
I hope you make and love this simple Pumpkin Banana Muffin recipe! Question: if you were in an episode of Chopped and given a can of pumpkin and a whole pantry to work with, what would YOU make??
You should probably try my Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake: