I love to eat. Oh? Is this surprising to you? You must be new around here. Because if you’ve been following me, you know that I like to make food and then I like to eat it. Things like Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake or the Best Sugar Cookies Ever. But I’m always trying to find that perfect storm of healthy meets amazing taste. Enter this stuffed peppers recipe. Healthy? Yes. Tasty? YES.
This stuffed pepper recipe makes for a great snack or appetizer. Perhaps even a side to dinner. Full on flavor, but low carb and not even high in fats! And yet…you will NOT feel like you are skimping. This will rival those lovely, fatty, unhealthy appetizers that we all love. Nom.
The best part? This is simple. Other than actually getting everything stuffed into these tiny, little peppers, this is a recipe for the Everyman.
- 1 bag snack-sized peppers
- 1/4 cup part-skim ricotta
- 3-4 wedges Laughing Cow Chipotle
- salt or creole seasoning to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400. Cut off the end of each pepper and use a knife to gently scrape out the ribs and seeds. In a small bowl, mix the ricotta and cheese wedges until creamy and well combined. Season with salt or creole seasoning to taste. Using a baby spoon or small knife, fill each pepper.
- Cover a muffin tin with foil and bake the peppers in the cups so they bake upright. (If you don't do this, they will still bake okay, but you will probably lose some of the filling.) Bake for 15-20 minutes until the peppers are starting to wilt and soften and the cheese is lightly browning.
- Let cool. Eat.
So the next time you’ve got the munchies but want to avoid the guilt, try these stuffed peppers. Then, while you’re feeling nice an happy with how good you’ve been, try the Double Chocolate Dr. Pepper Cake.